Business Events Geelong has partnered with Regional Development Victoria and Great Ocean Road Regional Tourism to establish a joint monetary incentive program.
The $200k program, backed by the Victorian State Government’s Regional Recovery Support Fund, aims to incentivise those looking to hold business events in the Barwon South West region by partially covering the cost per delegate up to the amount of $50.
Eligible event managers, PCOs, EAs and PAs must request funds to cover actual business event costs, including but not limited to accommodation, venue hire, transport and other event costs.
Available only to new bookings, those interested in accessing the funds must secure their event in one of the Barwon South West municipalities by 30 June 2022 with the business event to be held by 31 December 2023.
How can the assistance be used by a business events organiser?
Business events successful in receiving incentive support will be requested to demonstrate how the financial assistance is being used against one of the following;
- Welcome / civic reception;
- Gala dinner;
- Venue hire;
- Engagement of a local Professional Conference Organisers (PCO);
- On-the-ground transportation;
- Pre or post conference related activity e.g. field trips and team building experiences;
- Other activities that stimulate the local businesses within the regions e.g. guest speaker gifts, printing, photography, corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiatives.
The Barwon South West region encompasses Geelong, Aireys Inlet, Apollo Bay, Camperdown, Colac, Hamilton, Lorne, Port Campbell, Port Fairy, Queenscliff, Portland, Torquay and Warrnambool. Click here for more information: https://www.rdv.vic.gov.au/victorias-regions/barwon-south-west
For more information on how to access the Business Events Support Fund or to submit an application, visit https://www.businesseventsgeelong.com.au/the-business-events-support-fund/