A rare and exciting opportunity for an Executive Assistant to work closely with, and provide confidential support to, the Chief Executive Officer of the Melbourne Convention Bureau (MCB).
This is a challenging and dynamic role, where you will also assist the Leadership team and the broader MCB team.
If you’re an experienced C-suite level assistant, comfortable working within the executive team, and have an understanding of conference, large event or exhibition delivery, read on because this could be your dream job.
Melbourne Convention Bureau markets Melbourne as one of the world’s premier business events destinations. Our key activity is to identify, bid for and secure national and international conventions, corporate meetings, exhibitions and incentive travel reward programs to generate economic wealth for Melbourne and Regional Victoria.
The Melbourne Convention Bureau has a CEO and its own Board of Directors. It is a subsidiary of Visit Victoria.
Visit Victoria is the primary tourism and events company for the State of Victoria in Australia. We inspire people to visit Melbourne and Victoria through captivating stories and amazing events.
- Undertake research and projects to support the activities of the Chief Executive Officer
- Coordinate Board meetings and prepare timely and accurate correspondence, including agendas, board papers and minutes
- Provide extensive diary management including coordinating a busy schedule of meetings and domestic and international travel
- Draft annual Executive budget in consultation with the CEO, reconcile monthly credit card expenses for CEO and broader team
- Receive and prioritise incoming correspondence, prepare memos, briefing papers and communications on behalf of the CEO
- Act as a support to the broader MCB team, screen and attend to a range of enquiries and ensure follow up action
Not only will you need to cultivate and maintain strong relationships across the organisation, but you will also be expected to put your ambassador qualities to good use in your dealings with our high profile external stakeholders across the events industry and Government.
In addition to a competitive salary you will receive the following benefits…
- Enjoy our flexible working arrangements
- Access to some of Victoria’s premier cultural, sporting and business events
- Access to ‘Ignite Days’ to explore Melbourne or regional Victoria to nurture your sense of adventure and ignite your imagination
- Support Volunteering, with access to additional leave
- Access to annual flu vaccination and weekly fruit delivery
- Enjoy a modern workspace at the vibrant Collins Square with kitchenette facilities, including barista quality coffee, collaborative breakout spaces, end of ride facilities and proximity to several public transport routes
Contact Nicole White – +61 3 9002 2297 – email@example.com to arrange an interview.